Eight Things you didn’t know About Plastic Surgery
Mark Kohout - Friday, September 27, 2013
- Plastic surgery is best performed premenopausal for maximum benefits. After 60, the skin structure changes and accurate results aren’t always achievable.
- Men are becoming more self-conscious. An estimated 15% of elective surgeries are performed on male. Men aged between 40-50 bracket have shown an increase in interest in non-surgical enhancements.
- Botox is made from the toxins of certain bacteria types. When used correctly, fantastic results can be achieved.
- The majority of surgeries are performed on middle-class patients. The American Society of Plastic Surgery said that most earn under $80000 and use disposable income to increase self-confidence.
- Recovery time is minimal. Most people are able to resume normal activities within weeks of surgery while non-surgical procedures can be performed on a work lunch-break.
- There is a big difference between plastic and cosmetic surgeons. Always check a surgeon has proper certifications and accreditations.
- There isn’t a lot of difference between having surgery in a hospital or in a private surgery, bar access to specialised equipment. Ensure the day procedure centre has access to hospital transport in case of an emergency.
- Breast implants are the most popular elective surgery in America.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.