There are signs that cosmetic surgery is growing in popularity, with research showing that around one million people in the UK are considering having a cosmetic procedure done this year to freshen their appearance.
Data from the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) indicates that more than 43,000 cosmetic surgery procedures were performed in 2012, which represented an increase of 0.2% on 2011.
Facelifts are the most popular procedures among those planning to have cosmetic surgery this year. Facial injections, nose jobs, and brow lifts are also among the top procedures planned. Other in-demand procedures in 2014 include the following:
- Breast surgery - breast surgery continues to be a popular procedure among adults. The latest surgical techniques can lift breasts, make them smaller, or make them bigger.
- Chin implants - chin implants will be another popular procedure in 2014, with many men and women seeking to bring more definition to their features and profile.
- Tummy tucks - also known as abdominoplasty, tummy tucks are popular among those who have lost weight or just had a baby. The procedure can correct stretched skin, making muscles and skin look tighter.
- Brachioplasty - this procedure removes excess skin from the upper arms for a smoother, more youthful look.
- Labiaplasty - Cosmetic surgery of the genital area and more specifically of the labia is also called labiaplasty.
To learn more please go back to our Website and find the procedure Dr. Mark Kohout offers.